Click Here to Review the Approval Document for the Recording Fee Changes (Effective August 1, 2021)
Lee County Predictable Fee Schedule
This fee schedule is effective on December 1, 2018. A self-addressed stamped envelope required for each document. Please present and accept only original or certified copies for recording. Review 55 ILCS 5/3-5018.1 for more information. No legal advice, opinions, legal descriptions or searches will be given by the recorder's staff either in person or by telephone.
A plat act affidavit or plat act exemption required with or on all deeds except Woodhaven Lakes subdivision deeds.
Standard documents are any documents other than the non-standard documents listed. The fee for standard documents is $66. The fee for an RHSP exempt standard document is $56.
- The document shall consist of one or more individual sheets measuring 8.5 inches by 11 inches, not permanently bound and not a continuous form. Graphic displays accompanying a document to be recorded that measure up to 11 inches by 17 inches shall be recorded without charging an additional fee.
- The document shall be legibly printed in black ink, by hand, type or computer. Signatures and dates may be in contrasting colors if they will reproduce clearly.
- The document shall be on white paper of not less than 20-pound weight and shall have a clean margin of at least one-half inch on the top, the bottom and each side. Margins may be used for non-essential notations that will not affect numbers and customer notations.
- The first page of the document shall contain a blank space, measuring at least 3 inches by 5 inches, from the upper right-hand corner.
- The document shall not have any attachment stapled or otherwise affixed to and page. The pages may be stapled together.
|Documents Not Conforming to the Provided Standard||$75|
|Documents Referencing 6 or More Tax Parcel Identification Numbers||$75|
|Documents Referencing 6 or More Recorded Document Numbers||$75|
|Federal Tax Liens||$18|
|Plats (Must be at least 8.5 by 14 inches, but no larger than 30 by 36 inches. This fee includes 2 original signed Mylar and 3 signed copies.)||$89|
|State Tax Liens||$11|
|Uniform Commercial Code||$38|
|Uniform Commercial Code Search (Per Name)||$16|
|Uniform Commercial Code Termination||$23|
There is no charge for a copy of a veteran's discharge.