Lee County is the recipient of Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds, established by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021. Pursuant to the Act, funding objectives include:
- Support COVID-19 Public Health Response
- Address Negative Economic Impacts
- Replace Public Sector Revenue Loss
- Premium Pay for Essential Workers
- Water and Sewer Infrastructure
- Broadband Infrastructure
The Lee County Board established an ARPA Committee to make recommendations to the Board on funding allocations which meet eligibility guidelines and respond to local needs. ARPA Committee recommendations will be presented to the Finance Committee. Any recommendations from the ARPA and Finance Committees will then be presented to the full County Board for final approval.